Friday, February 26, 2010

You Are Not Alone

Eating Disorder Awareness Week is coming to a close, and I've been trying to post related things all week (though I guess one could argue my whole blog is related). Today, I'd like to share with you a neat little site that was brought to my attention by a friend.

It's called You Are Not Alone and basically you can sign up to get a free support letter every month to give you encouragement on your path to recovery. It's sort of what I try to do here on my blog much more often than once a month, but this site is cool because it's an actual letter, sent to your email on a monthly basis. Every little bit of support helps, right?

The other cool thing is that there are resource links on this site, as well as a Free Stuff page, where different things get posted. Right now, there's a song by Shannon Cutts you can listen to (and a link to buy the CD the song is from).

Just found it a nice little resource I hadn't heard of before. Hope you are all having a fantastic week!

5 comments:

Kaz said...

So glad you liked the link! :)
Take care! <3

Incredible Eating Anorexics said...

thank you for that link. it looks a great site. your blogs smashing too :) xxx

Shannon Cutts said...

How cool that you found Andrea's site, Arielle! If you are in strong recovery yourself and are interested in mentoring someone who needs support, we'd love for you to join MentorCONNECT, our online eating disorders mentoring community. www.key-to-life.com/mentorconnect (a portion of proceeds from the You Are Not Alone book & CD project goes to support MentorCONNECT)
xo
Shannon
ps congrats on your recovery!! :)

Kia said...

Great thing!
I need all the support I can take, right now...

Arielle Bair, MSW, LSW said...

Hey Shannon. :) Thanks for checking out the blog. Yes, I love the site and yours as well! And yes, I'm actually recovered. Have been for a few years. I lead an ANAD support group in my area. Could you email me (arielle.becker@gmail.com) with some more about the MentorCONNECT project? It sounds amazing - I'd just want to be sure I could make the commitment, as I already help a ton of eating disordered individuals through my group, being an ANAD resource person, and through emails/being a moderator on a recovery forum.

Take care!
Arielle