Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day #13: Role Model Roll Call

I am so happy that this prompt occurs on Mother's Day (in the US). It feels so appropriate.

My role models are fantastic women and my mother is one of them. In the last few years, I've made THREE videos about my female role models and the people who I feel are part of my "sisterhood." Since the following videos can explain my role models better than pages of words could - and trust me, without the spoken word, you'd be reading PAGES - I'll direct you there and hope you watch.

The first video, from 2010, is one in which I talk about the women who have most influenced my life. I talk about all the beautiful characteristics they have NOT related to appearance and discuss what makes them special.  The second video, from 2011, is one in which I talk about my personal role models (women in my life). I re-mention a couple of the women I name in the first video, but I add several others of my "sisterhood" and go into more depth. The third video, from this year (2012), is one in which I talk about healthy role models of the world whom I love (those who are renowned, famous, or whom you may know too!).

*A video showcasing the WOMEN WHO'VE INFLUENCED ME THE MOST
 


*A video showcasing MY PERSONAL ROLE MODELS


*A video showcasing ROLE MODELS WHO ARE RENOWNED or WHOM YOU MAY KNOW


I hope you enjoy watching if you have the time. They're not terribly long and I hope they make you think about the women in your life who inspire you.

2 comments:

Kaz said...

I loved reading this blog and watching the videos. I have to admit, you kind of have me wanting to do the Hungry For Change Blogger Challenge as well. ;)

In case I don't end up doing a blog about this topic, I do want you to know that you are a woman who I think of as a role model and an inspiration. I am sure I am not the only person who thinks that, and I am sure you have been told that before but I don't think it is something that can be said too much.

Arielle Bair, MSW, LSW said...

Thanks, Kaz!:-) I appreciate that very much. (And yes, the HFC blogger challenge is pretty awesome - it's keeping me on my toes blogging every day... so hard time-commitment-wise, but so worth it!)