Monday, June 11, 2012

Arielle's Word of the Day #11: FORCE

I am a force. You are a force. Let's be a force for good.

In 2005, I wrote this poem. It's really slam poetry. Meant to be spoken word, with emotion... as a force of its own. Fight the good fight.


Fight the good fight, know the wrong right, fill the void and see the light. Here I go, again and new, fresh, awake, alive and true. Passing by the life I know and focusing on where to go, for I will follow where I’m neededpaths are taken, prayers are heeded. Brain’s mad switch is flicked off…on…I’m not here but I’m not gone... jittery and full of life, I need to live before I die. I need to find the reasons why and cry and sigh and say I tried. Dipped inside a vat of pain, I know I gain when I remain a seer of the songs of old and preacher of the words I hold. Along the sky I write my voice, in ink of breath…a thought, a choice. And still I’m waiting...day’s sad end has seen me weep but still I bend. My words I send to you and yours, alone I smile as my heart soars. I know it pours. Water? Blood? My soul? My life? It pours, now cut through like a knife. And still I say, away away, fight the good fight, know the wrong right, fill the void and see the light. Flickers of the sky’s dark space—it really makes you know your place—and will erase the pain you felt when all those others cruelly dealt their blows to you and all your soul, just breaking you, and you were whole, but pieces looked about to fall and so we’ll catch them, one and all. The sky knows best, it does not rest, and I protest…never. Fight the good fight, know the wrong right, fill the void and see the light.


© ALB 2005

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I got chills reading this.

"Fight the good fight, know the wrong right..."

This sums up the word 'force' just about perfectly, I think.

I am love, love, LOVING reading these posts.

Tracey said...

this is beautiful - powerful, amazing, articulate, inspirational xxx

Arielle Bair, MSW, LSW said...

Tracey, Cheryl, you gals are both wonderful. Thanks :-)